selling an eVGA 7900GT CO SC w/ Zalman VF900

it should. it just has to be the same core to work in SLI. people use BFG 7900GT's and XFX 7900GT's..... hell, one person on Guru3D put together a rig with i believe an XFX and a BFG 8800GTX with the 680i SLI motherboard. looks nice, cept for the fact that the BFG 8800GTX came with a green PCB, while the mobo and XFX are black.

only things that change with different versions of the eVGA cards are the cooler and/or clock speeds. kinda like how XFX has the regular cards, then they have the XXX Edition.

Friend told me it wouldn't work so, no.
Sorry, Its a great deal, but its just not "in the cards" so to speak.

Thanks though, i think its a great price.

well..... if your "friend" told you it wouldn't work.... then that friend has no clue about SLI. it's not like eVGA created their own 7900GT KO core. as far as i know, all it requires is the same core, in this case the 7900GT, which they both are. But.... if you want to go by your friends advice... then just tell me, and i'll eBay it.

well..... if your "friend" told you it wouldn't work.... then that friend has no clue about SLI. it's not like eVGA created their own 7900GT KO core. as far as i know, all it requires is the same core, in this case the 7900GT, which they both are. But.... if you want to go by your friends advice... then just tell me, and i'll eBay it.
Ebay it.
I trust my friend. They built a quad sli rig...

0.o and that's not really saying much. Quad-SLI was more of a fad than the dual-GPU graphics cards. i think even Quad-SLI could use cards from different manufacturers as long as they were using the same core, which there was no different version of the 7950GX2.

after having a thread in Guru3D asking whether or not an eVGA 7900GT CO SC will workin SLI with a 7900GT KO, there have been two replies, both saying that it will work, and to put the card with the lower clock speeds in the top slot.

Think your friend really has to research SLI a tad more.

0.o and that's not really saying much. Quad-SLI was more of a fad than the dual-GPU graphics cards. i think even Quad-SLI could use cards from different manufacturers as long as they were using the same core, which there was no different version of the 7950GX2.

after having a thread in Guru3D asking whether or not an eVGA 7900GT CO SC will workin SLI with a 7900GT KO, there have been two replies, both saying that it will work, and to put the card with the lower clock speeds in the top slot.

Think your friend really has to research SLI a tad more.
My Friend is on this forum...
He is well known too.
And I am 100% positive that he knows what he's talkin about :)

Thanks anyways though.

http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone_diy_videoguide01.html

watch the 3rd and 4th video on that page. right from the horses mouth... "if you are using one video card running the GeForce 7900GT GPU, the second video card must also be using the GeForce 7900GT GPU." and "If the two video cards run at different clock speeds, they will automatically adjust themselves to be closer to that of the slower graphics card."

Can I mix and match graphics cards?
In order to provide optimal symmetric scaling, SLI technology requires the NVIDIA GPUs to match. For example, a GeForce 7800 GTX must be paired with another GeForce 7800 GTX. Likewise, a GeForce 6600 GT must be paired with another GeForce 6600 GT. However, using the latest Release 80 or later graphics drivers, NVIDIA GPUs sold by different manufacturers can be used together in an SLI configuration. For example, a GeForce 7800 GT from vendor ABC can be matched with a GeForce 7800 GT from vendor XYZ.

Can I mix and match graphics cards is one of them is overclocked by the manufacturer?
Yes. A GeForce 7800 GTX that is overclocked (for example BFG GeForce 7800 GTX OC) can be mixed with a standard clocked GeForce 7800 GTX.
everything right from the NVidia SLI-Zone website.... no 3rd parties or anything.

i'd seriously question his knowledge of how sli works.....

Naw i wouldn't
He said that Nvidia updated there boards and that it will work now.
But i dont think im for downgrading my card to match the co. even if its only 50mhz.
Thanks a lot,
Jack

Maybe your friend can chime in on this, since he is so knowledgeable.

Just to back up ED here, all cards of the same core are compatible with each other regardless of brand and clock speed. Nvidia introduced this ability about a year ago with the 90 series drivers. Vanq, if you are so worried about 50mhz then just OC your card via a bios flash on the card so it runs at the higher speed then SLI them together. Voila.

Just to back up ED here, all cards of the same core are compatible with each other regardless of brand and clock speed. Nvidia introduced this ability about a year ago with the 90 series drivers. Vanq, if you are so worried about 50mhz then just OC your card via a bios flash on the card so it runs at the higher speed then SLI them together. Voila.
I said ED was right...
And i dont even know what the speed of sli would be....
I think its the speed of the slowest card...

I said ED was right...
And i dont even know what the speed of sli would be....
I think its the speed of the slowest card...

Look up some benchmarks of SLI 7900GT's and go from there, and like I said you can always bios flash your current card so its default clock speed matches the higher speed card.

Look up some benchmarks of SLI 7900GT's and go from there, and like I said you can always bios flash your current card so its default clock speed matches the higher speed card.
I'd rather not void the warrenty...
Tis, fine im sure he'll sell it.
Ill just wait for my 6 grand machine when ill have the best gpus available.

6,000$... wtf are you building? Sounds like a epic waste of money... You would have to go out of your way to spend that much on a system.

Last edited:
6,000$... wtf are you building? Sounds like a epic waste of money... You would have to go out of your way to spend that much on a system.
Trust me, i wouldnt...
Something like 2 k8s, or 4 opterons
4 vid cards, thats already easily 4k
then the psu (200)
etc, etc

Well have fun with it, tell me though. What do you do that requires 4 video cards and that many cpu's? Are you a video editor or a 3d animator/modeler? Thats quite the pro sounding setup.

Well have fun with it, tell me though. What do you do that requires 4 video cards and that many cpu's? Are you a video editor or a 3d animator/modeler? Thats quite the pro sounding setup.
Bragging rights, thats all.
But then again, why do you need your pc, you would be fine with onboard video right?

0.o..... yeah... i kinda have to agree... that WOULD be an "epic waste of money". no need to spend a few grand on a machine where the main benefit you'll see is increasing one's e-penis by having the highest 3DMark score for about a week.

edit: oh, and Lancer.... no, the card isn't sold yet. would kinda rather sell the one i don't really have the box for though, seeing as i could probably eBay the one i have everything for and probably get a bit more than $135 for it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back