Screenshots of Outpost Firewall Pro beta-version 2.1

is this a beta of the pro or the free?

is this worth trying over my kerio?

So whats so special about this over the previous version

Its just a update Khayman, new features and bug fixes. But its the first major update since 2.0.

You have to its not out yet :p Once released it will come down over the auto-upate.

You've taken the auto out of auto-update, shocking.

perris said:
is this a beta of the pro or the free?

is this worth trying over my kerio?

This is someting I would be interested in too. Whats the verdict then enyo? you seem to be the guru on security based issues ;) :)

indyjones and peris:

Outpost 1.0 Free is not worth trying. When i tested it i had alot of problems and alot of bugs were never resolved.

Outpost 2.0 Pro is worth trying. Its far superior to Kerio 2 and is alot better than Kerio 4.

My views on Outpost 2.0 were lost with the db but i highly recommend it, ive recently ditched Kerio 2 for it myself and i know two other members on the forum have.

Stepping up to Outpost from Kerio 2 is a big step. Lots to get used to but from Kerio 4 its not such a huge step, expect its far more stable :)

perris, resources is something i know you ask about so ill tell you that without plugins and logging (logging takes a fair but of ram but you can turn it off) its currently using 1,200K of RAM.

If you have more questions or want more detail let me know. Also the sticky in this section i have posted links to the Outpost Guide and Forum.

well, I know the free is worthless, and I know from your reviews that the pro is better then the kerio

that's why I asked if this beta was for the free or the pro

*wants the link to download and beta the beta*

Cheers Enyo
I am giving it a go now. When I made the change to kerio way back in the 2.X day then through all the 4.x betas and finals you gave me some good links for recommended settings.
Could you do the same for outpost pro 2 as well please?
Anything in the form of a recommended settings type affair would be great.
Cheers :)

indyjones said:
Cheers Enyo
I am giving it a go now. When I made the change to kerio way back in the 2.X day then through all the 4.x betas and finals you gave me some good links for recommended settings.
Could you do the same for outpost pro 2 as well please?
Anything in the form of a recommended settings type affair would be great.
Cheers :)

Outpost has one of the best community forums which contains everything you will need to know.

http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/

The 'Rules Creation and Presets' section will help you build your rules and the 'V2 FAQ' section will help answer alot of the questions new users first ask.

With Outpost everything is pretty much taken care of, the local zones are detected, applications can be auto configured and the system wide rules are already in place.

You may want to customize the rules that Outpost configured just to tie them down a bit more than the default.

I'm giving Outpost 2.0 a trial as well. Seems to be really nice from first impressions.
And well, if Enyo recommends it, why the heck not? :D

NetRyder said:
I'm giving Outpost 2.0 a trial as well. Seems to be really nice from first impressions.
And well, if Enyo recommends it, why the heck not? :D

Great :) Thats about four potential customers Ive sent to them.

You should get a cut matey :D do you know how to disable logging in outpost ?

Under 2.0 you cant disable it via the interface, you can however use a workaround. You will be able to control logging in 2.1.

To disable it in 2.0 see here

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back