Sata Help !!!!!!!!!

VLT

OSNN Junior Addict
Ive got a bit of a problem, i got a new pc to setup i got a Seagate 120gb SATA HDD, and a Asus K8V SE mobo, athlon64 3.2ghz, 1gb ram.

Im trying to install server 2003, and i wont find me HDD.

DSC00871.JPG

I went to the Asus website to get some drives, i got 2 different types and it still doesnt find it.

PLEASE HELP ... :(

Kind regards
Steve

going to state the very obvious.. but did you make sure you have the right jumpers on the hardrive set up/ power is connected/ IDE is connected.

does sea gate have a bootbale cd or a iso you can download? i know western digital does.

when u are booting toset up windows 2003 when it asks for scisie or raid setup his F6 it is the first thing on the bottom of the screen for your options. you also have to get the raid drver disk out and put it in the floppy drive it should be these drivers

Promise R20378 RAID controller

and also are you making a raid or just a drive because some raid ships want you to make a stripe raid of 1 disk to use just the one so you might need to set that up.

and also does anyone know why there are needed to be jumpers on a SATA drive since it is only one drive pre channel?

i have tried everything possibly i could think of, i have tried at least 4 SATA drivers, i tried the diskwiz that the hdd manufacture sudjested, i have tried it in raid and non raid, this is REALLY getting on my nerves ... i get the same screen up the top with every type of attempt ....... its only one freaking hdd and i cant even install on it, all this new technology and u would think it would work hey ... obviously not ...

I DONT BELIEVE IT I FANALLY GOT IT WORKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after the 6th driver d/l i found the right one OMG

thanks for your support though guys, it made me think harder about the problem at hand ... got to love troubleshooting hey

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back