• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Safest P2P Program

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
As the title says, whats the safest to use. No Spyware etc crap...

My friend insists on using such programs, but I don't trust them.

Any ideas.

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
Limewire doesn't contain any spyware, but any of them will allow you to download viruses that other people share. Tell him to scan whatever he downloads with a virus scanner. Common sense wouldn't hurt either.

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
lol.

Without common sense (as 79 said) you run the risk of downloading malware/viruses through any medium including email. But, his suggestion is your best bet.

epk

Political User
shareaza?... its so so... last time i checked it didnt stand a chance against emule or utorrent (which -in my opinion- are the best, bman... no bundled spyware or anything and both very reliable to use)

if your friend isnt too into computers, tell him to get a good av with good real time scan and to be careful with what he downloads... maybe google some newbie p2p guides

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Thanks, I got them Limewire, and showed them how to scan them everytime they get something with AVG.

Hopefully they keep it up.

epk

Political User
shareaza uses the edonkey network, but also uses gnutella (which imho sucks, and thats why i didnt recommend limewire)

and for ed2k only, emule is the way to go

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political User
bittorrent client of choice + Peer Guardian 2 + NOD32 = Good Combo
A peer guardian rc is out for vista that works really well. I would also scan everything possible before opening.

Antivirus' are only as good as the person clicking things on their computer...

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
shareaza uses the edonkey network, but also uses gnutella (which imho sucks, and thats why i didnt recommend limewire)

and for ed2k only, emule is the way to go
I believe you can program this program to access any of the peer to peer networks, it's also a bittorrent client

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies