Safest P2P Program

N

Not Bman

As the title says, whats the safest to use. No Spyware etc crap...

My friend insists on using such programs, but I don't trust them.

Any ideas.

Limewire doesn't contain any spyware, but any of them will allow you to download viruses that other people share. Tell him to scan whatever he downloads with a virus scanner. Common sense wouldn't hurt either.

Yea but my friend (not being mean) doesn't have common sense with computers.

Then he shouldn't be using P2P software.

I know that, and anything else is too complicated for her lol.

Thanks for the help anyways.

lol.

Without common sense (as 79 said) you run the risk of downloading malware/viruses through any medium including email. But, his suggestion is your best bet.

anyone have input on shazar or whatever that p2p program is called?

shareaza?... its so so... last time i checked it didnt stand a chance against emule or utorrent (which -in my opinion- are the best, bman... no bundled spyware or anything and both very reliable to use)

if your friend isnt too into computers, tell him to get a good av with good real time scan and to be careful with what he downloads... maybe google some newbie p2p guides

Thanks, I got them Limewire, and showed them how to scan them everytime they get something with AVG.

Hopefully they keep it up.

frostwire opensource version limewire...I don't use it but would if I had to use a particular p2p client like this.

shareaza uses the edonkey network, but also uses gnutella (which imho sucks, and thats why i didnt recommend limewire)

and for ed2k only, emule is the way to go

bittorrent client of choice + Peer Guardian 2 + NOD32 = Good Combo

bittorrent client of choice + Peer Guardian 2 + NOD32 = Good Combo

A peer guardian rc is out for vista that works really well. I would also scan everything possible before opening.

Antivirus' are only as good as the person clicking things on their computer...

shareaza uses the edonkey network, but also uses gnutella (which imho sucks, and thats why i didnt recommend limewire)

and for ed2k only, emule is the way to go
I believe you can program this program to access any of the peer to peer networks, it's also a bittorrent client

I know I was at work and typed very poorly, I mean it's a program based off the open source code of limewire.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back