Safari 3 (browser) Public Beta available now!

Mouse buttons are coming up in the next WebKit, it is requiring some more work, since it does not exist in Mac OS X yet.

Nice.

Are they going to allow middle-click to be used for actions too?

I'll give this another go in a month or so, when it's more stable.

Ctrl+Enter www/com completion for the URL bar is probably my main complaint about Safari, on Mac or Windows. Safari doesn't care as much about the www. as I enter most any site as domain.com and it will load fine. I would prefer the Ctrl+Enter shortcut, though.

Apple has released an update to Safari, Beta 3.0.2 for Mac and PC via its website and Software Update.

Changes in Safari 3.0.2 for Windows beta:
- Latest security updates
- Improved stability
- Fixes for text display, non-English systems, and start-up times

Changes in Safari 3.0.2 for Mac OS X beta:
-Latest security updates
-Improved stability
-Improved WebKit support for Mail, iChat and Dashboard

Well as for the way Safari works I must quote this person who posted on Lifehacker Dot Com

Wow! Safari 3.0 loads web sites pretty f....

*gets distracted by ads*

Where was I? Oh! Yeah, Safari 3.0 loads pages rather qui....

*gets distracted by ads*

*launches FireFox*

Safari 3.0 does load pages quickly.

Hmmmm, maybe there's a reason they ported Firefox to OS X. :rolleyes:

'nough said. :)

never had a problem with ads in safari, not had them with firefox either

Hmmmm, maybe there's a reason they ported Firefox to OS X. :rolleyes:
Indeed to prove that Apple make the best browser for their own OS

Get FF2, get Stylish, remove ads, done.

You won't have to have a problem with ads coz there won't be any cluttering up the page. :)

Nice that the mouse back/forward keys "just work" and I'd agree Apple should support them in the windows build if its a convention.
Oddly enough, I'm using Safari within OS X right now, and the back/forward buttons on the Microsoft mouse actually do what they're supposed to. :D

It's probably the Microsoft IntelliMouse drivers for OS X that are making them work, but they don't seem to help with the Safari build for Windows.

Oddly enough, I'm using Safari within OS X right now, and the back/forward buttons on the Microsoft mouse actually do what they're supposed to. :D

It's probably the Microsoft IntelliMouse drivers for OS X that are making them work, but they don't seem to help with the Safari build for Windows.

Yup, the IntelliMouse drivers for Mac OS X are REALLY good. I personally am not a big fan of using the mouse buttons for back and forward, the amount of times that I have clicked a link and want to go back is almost 0, mostly I just open it in a new tab!

Congratulations X.

I guess the rest of the computer users in the world should also give up their back/forward usage just because you don't use that feature :cool:

Everyone here at work uses the buttons (or backspace) and pretty much everyone else I know who uses windows (the vast majority) do.

Heck, even in the UT computer center with the high-end G5's, the few things I hear about improvements is small things like ease-of-use and this is one fo the items.

I have back and forward buttons on the MicroSquish keyboard at work and where they are on the keyboard is where I usually rest my left hand. So I don't need no steeeeeenkin back/forth mouse buttons. :D

And if only you could change the theme from that damn uuuuugly brushed whatever... Bleh

It's brushed toilet paper, after use by the Silver Surfer.

Brushed Metal is being removed in Leopard, so you can probably expect it to change when that comes out.

Can't wait for apple to tell us what the next secseh skin is :)

Its the same untitled skin with unified toolbar look which is used on iTunes I believe

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back