Safari 3 (browser) Public Beta available now!

Downloading it right now, I'm kinda excited actually... is that bad? :p

The speed is better than IE 7 on some of the iBench marks, just like Steve said in his presentation.

I have to say I am impressed, I have used it over the last 30 minutes and I am happy that finall the impressive rendering is available on Windows, since WebKit just owns!

How accurate is that iBench though.

FF is slower than IE for me in pretty much everything and yet, per the iBench, it's twice as fast.

???

It's a product from Apple... you know where I stand. =]

How accurate is that iBench though.

FF is slower than IE for me in pretty much everything and yet, per the iBench, it's twice as fast.

???

I honestly don't know. Pretty much every software company likes to do what it can to inflate specs, or likes to test under "perfect" conditions that aren't real-world. Apple is just as guilty of that as any company.

Keep in mind that this is a Beta, so it should be evaluated as such. :)

I'm impressed with the speed compared to FF. I can't compare to IE, Opera, etc as I don't use them.

The speed is better than IE 7 on some of the iBench marks, just like Steve said in his presentation.

I have to say I am impressed, I have used it over the last 30 minutes and I am happy that finall the impressive rendering is available on Windows, since WebKit just owns!

The text in eBay was too small and i had to enlarge it, and then came to this site and had to make it smaller. Like Sazar said, FF is slower for me, loading (i know IE is based on Windows Explorer so is already loaded into memory? I think!)

I like to try new things, but for IE7 is my favourite at this moment, looking forward to FF3 though.

Something must be wrong with my computer, but for me its completely unusable. The UI is completely missing text, when you righ click there is nothing there, and I cant go to any websites besides the home page.....

EDIT: Here is a screenshot.

Something must be wrong with my computer, but for me its completely unusable. The UI is completely missing text, when you righ click there is nothing there, and I cant go to any websites besides the home page.....

EDIT: Here is a screenshot.

Something wrong with your computer. Are you missing the default font? (Times new Roman).

loaderbull: As for your eBay problem, I don't know what to tell you, not a problem here, renders as eBay intended it to be rendered. Their text has always been small. It is smaller than the text here on OSNN.net, but that has always been the case, and is the case for me in IE 7, FireFox, opera, or Safari, so ......

I have also always found Opera to be faster than FF. Interesting that iBench says opera is so much slower than FF. I dunno, something doesn't smell right.

Gonna play around with this when I get home.

Also, going to do a complete format, reinstall this weekend or the next (I just feel like it) and will go from there.

Something wrong with your computer. Are you missing the default font? (Times new Roman).

Must be and No, I'm not. I do however have 1,357 fonts installed and I know there is a limit, but I don't know what it is. Might be a issue?

Oh well, I will just wait it out.... since I have noooo idea what the problem is.

The first couple of times I opened it the dock icon bounced for a long time before opening. Now it opens very quickly.

Have you noticed the ability to resize text boxes? Very interesting.

I was hoping it would be non-brushed metal in the Beta. :(

My take on Safari, now that I've used it for a bit, is that it SUCKS.

IE7 is so much better, FF2 has more features.

Customizable? This browser is an abomination. FF2 is far more customizable wrt the interface. IE7 is hands down better looking than either.

Speed? I have no idea which jackass conducted the tests. I have tweaked the hell out of FF2 and it's still a little slower than IE7, I use it as my primary browser though because of the extensions.

Safari is slower than molases and menu's are not as intuitively functioning as on either IE or FF.

The AA is a little buggered but I could get used to it. Don't want to though

The rendering is not bad, not really broken or anything. It's just SLOW.

The fact that the back/front buttons on my mouse don't work with it is a pain in the behind. There are numerous other items, primarily the way the bookmarks folder simply is not as intuitive or customizable as IE's or FF's (after extension dl).

Aaargh.

Needless to say, this POS software is no longer residing on my hdd.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back