• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Rundll32 problem

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
Ok, I have got a problem. Rundll32 is preventing windows from opening like a VERY strict pop-up blocker. :mad: Problem is that there is no shortcut to bypass it. Apart from killing the process from the task manager every time I reboot, is there a way to fix this?

devynal

The Idiot Circus Boy
Rundll32.exe should never be a process by itself running. If that's the case, it's usually spyware using it to run its program. I'd kill it in the process list and then run Adware/Spybot etc.

Also check the registry for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run to see if any Rundll32.exe entries exist. Delete if there are.

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
There is no error that that pops-up, the only registry entry with rundll32 in it is this:

Key (NvCplDaemon)
Value RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
Key (NvMediaCenter)
Value RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit

and I belive that both of these are things for McAfee firewall and virus scan. But I am not sure if the RUNDLL32.EXE is required in the Value string.

Ad-aware, hijack this, and spybot come up clean.

L

Lee

NvCpl.dll nVidia display adapter, disable it.
NvMcTray.dll, I think is corrupted, remove drivers for the card and reinstall em!

jynxy

OSNN One Post Wonder
Lee said:
NvCpl.dll nVidia display adapter, disable it.
NvMcTray.dll, I think is corrupted, remove drivers for the card and reinstall em!
These are both to do with nvidia graphics as i get both files when i do a fresh install.

JynxY

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies