Rundll32 problem

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
Ok, I have got a problem. Rundll32 is preventing windows from opening like a VERY strict pop-up blocker. :mad: Problem is that there is no shortcut to bypass it. Apart from killing the process from the task manager every time I reboot, is there a way to fix this?

Rundll32.exe should never be a process by itself running. If that's the case, it's usually spyware using it to run its program. I'd kill it in the process list and then run Adware/Spybot etc.

Also check the registry for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run to see if any Rundll32.exe entries exist. Delete if there are.

There is no error that that pops-up, the only registry entry with rundll32 in it is this:

Key (NvCplDaemon)
Value RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
Key (NvMediaCenter)
Value RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit

and I belive that both of these are things for McAfee firewall and virus scan. But I am not sure if the RUNDLL32.EXE is required in the Value string.

Ad-aware, hijack this, and spybot come up clean.

What firewall do you use and do you use pop-up stoppers?

I am using McAfee Firewall Plus and McAfee virus scan, for pop-up stoppers I am using the one from MSN toolbar.

NvCpl.dll nVidia display adapter, disable it.
NvMcTray.dll, I think is corrupted, remove drivers for the card and reinstall em!

Lee said:
NvCpl.dll nVidia display adapter, disable it.
NvMcTray.dll, I think is corrupted, remove drivers for the card and reinstall em!

These are both to do with nvidia graphics as i get both files when i do a fresh install.

JynxY

jynxy said:
These are both to do with nvidia graphics as i get both files when i do a fresh install.

Pss......ttttt I know that booby!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back