run chkdsk

O

original delboy

Hi peeps i was running ontrack suite 4 (its like norton but is much easier to use) i just done a check on my system to clean files etc etc...after this was done and i clicked on finish etc and it just gives you the results...and this is what it said,

"disk fixer found problems with the file system. run chkdsk with the f/(fix) option to correct these"

So what exactly is this is something on xp itself that i gotto do:confused:

O

original delboy

adobo Do u knw where scan disk is...? i am using xp pro i have looked in system tools and cant find scan disk.

O

original delboy

Cheers:p will do that asap!

i have system on suite 4...is that what you use...what you think of it so far...ive had it for a week now and is preety good..better than norton i must say (dont wanna upset any1 who uses norton tho:p )
the defrag seems to be kool in ontrack and is preety quick too!

cheers again!

;)

phishhead

OSNN Senior Addict
been using fix it for about 2yrs and love it with system 4.0 has a firewall too..pretty cool...and it does not take over your shit like norton does.

O

original delboy

Hi i have just ran scan disk with nothing found:) but why does ontrack say "disk fixer found problems with the file system. run chkdsk with the f/(fix) option to correct these"
strange..

O

original delboy

Hi adobo i just ran scan disk like right clicking on the c: drive and selecting to restart as when i restart the computer.

But i never done nothing like chkdsk/fix if so try sfc/fix from the run cmd...system file checker...how do i do that?

thx

phishhead

OSNN Senior Addict
got to start>>>run and type sfc/scannow or chkdsk/fix...if it wont run from the run command typ cmd and go to dos and type the cmds there. good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut