run chkdsk

• Thread starter original delboy
  • Start date
O

original delboy

Hi peeps i was running ontrack suite 4 (its like norton but is much easier to use) i just done a check on my system to clean files etc etc...after this was done and i clicked on finish etc and it just gives you the results...and this is what it said,

"disk fixer found problems with the file system. run chkdsk with the f/(fix) option to correct these"

So what exactly is this is something on xp itself that i gotto do:confused:

I use ontrack also it says that it found some errors on the disk so basically it is telling you to do a scan disk...

adobo Do u knw where scan disk is...? i am using xp pro i have looked in system tools and cant find scan disk.

Cheers:p will do that asap!

i have system on suite 4...is that what you use...what you think of it so far...ive had it for a week now and is preety good..better than norton i must say (dont wanna upset any1 who uses norton tho:p )
the defrag seems to be kool in ontrack and is preety quick too!

cheers again!

;)

been using fix it for about 2yrs and love it with system 4.0 has a firewall too..pretty cool...and it does not take over your shit like norton does.

Hi i have just ran scan disk with nothing found:) but why does ontrack say "disk fixer found problems with the file system. run chkdsk with the f/(fix) option to correct these"
strange..

did you run chkdsk/fix if so try sfc/fix from the run cmd...system file checker...

Hi adobo i just ran scan disk like right clicking on the c: drive and selecting to restart as when i restart the computer.

But i never done nothing like chkdsk/fix if so try sfc/fix from the run cmd...system file checker...how do i do that?

thx

got to start>>>run and type sfc/scannow or chkdsk/fix...if it wont run from the run command typ cmd and go to dos and type the cmds there. good luck

If you type chkdsk /f in the run box it will run next time XP boots

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back