• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Roccat firmware

Everlong

Scotland's Greatest
Political User
I've recently purchased a Roccat Valo keyboard, and after installation it was working until it asked if I wanted to update the firmware, and of course I did.
About 5 secs after the update started a notice came up saying "Firmware update failed. Please try again"
Now I cannot use my keyboard because the LCD comes up with the same.
Later I downloaded the firmware/drivers from the website and installed it but still doesn't seem to work.
I'm running Windows 7 if that helps.

There is a beta firmware and an approved firmware. If you are trying the beta fall back to the relased version.

Also, make sure you got the firmware for the Valo and not for another model. I grabbed the wrong firmware once and it cost me a MB...

There were a lot of complaints about the Valo from back in Sept/Oct time frame on some forums I looked at. Nothing about bad firmware updates though.

Everlong

Scotland's Greatest
Political User
I've installed the released version, and started it then restarted my computer, but when I plug in the keyboard it just leads me to this

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
I assume you did this but will state it anyways.

Uninstall drivers and software, do a clean with Ccleaner if you want. Reboot, let windows install the driver, or install the latest one yourself. See what happens.

Everlong

Scotland's Greatest
Political User
Yeah, it's completely gone.
And I've tried the keyboard on my other computers and nothing; just "FW Update failed. Please try again"

Everlong

Scotland's Greatest
Political User
Yeah, well I could just send it back to Amazon.
I did send a support form to Roccat, but still no response...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doertilog