• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Require a good mp3 tagging program

Dark Atheist

Staff member
Political User
It seems that my tagging issues which have been on going is due to the fact that foobar likes to use id3v2.4 which a lot of programs do not support, neither does Windows Vista nor Windows 7.

It looks like i will have to redo my whole collection (not an overly bad thing) and am looking for a program that will connect to freedb or some other online source to rewrite my tags, also has to do regain.

I know winamp can do this but it is hit and miss and sometimes the disc information in a 2cd or 3cd set is widely incorrect or extremely different (album name, discid et el)

So i need a tool that will write to id3v2.3 and will do replaygain, does anyone know of any such tool? I have mp3tag but it will take a bit of time with that :(

Dark Atheist

Staff member
Political User
thanks, have gone with winamp and mp3tag v2.43 - winamp may get a few wrong but it gets most right and with mp3tag i can correct the issues that crop up, i could kill foobar for this!!!!!

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
when it comes to doing all things tagging nothing beats tag&rename. As it lets you change all options, and can do multiple things at a time instead of having to each one one at a time :)

Dark Atheist

Staff member
Political User
because 2.4 is not a supported version 2.3 is the standard, windows xp - vista and windows 7 do not support them, nor do a few of the programs i use, i would rather use the programs i have then to get another one and learn how to use that, plus by doing this i can make sure the tags are correct, which some were not :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ernestrojasn