Require a good mp3 tagging program

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
It seems that my tagging issues which have been on going is due to the fact that foobar likes to use id3v2.4 which a lot of programs do not support, neither does Windows Vista nor Windows 7.

It looks like i will have to redo my whole collection (not an overly bad thing) and am looking for a program that will connect to freedb or some other online source to rewrite my tags, also has to do regain.

I know winamp can do this but it is hit and miss and sometimes the disc information in a 2cd or 3cd set is widely incorrect or extremely different (album name, discid et el)

So i need a tool that will write to id3v2.3 and will do replaygain, does anyone know of any such tool? I have mp3tag but it will take a bit of time with that :(

thanks, have gone with winamp and mp3tag v2.43 - winamp may get a few wrong but it gets most right and with mp3tag i can correct the issues that crop up, i could kill foobar for this!!!!!

i have used that, mp3tag is surprisingly good for what i need it to do :)

when it comes to doing all things tagging nothing beats tag&rename. As it lets you change all options, and can do multiple things at a time instead of having to each one one at a time :)

Yea I have been using and paying for Tag&Rename for a couple years now. Love it.

If you have v2.3 tags already, why don't you use a program that is 2.3 and 2.4 aware and just copy the tags?

because 2.4 is not a supported version 2.3 is the standard, windows xp - vista and windows 7 do not support them, nor do a few of the programs i use, i would rather use the programs i have then to get another one and learn how to use that, plus by doing this i can make sure the tags are correct, which some were not :)

I use TagScanner. It's pretty powerful but the interface takes some time getting used to..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back