• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

renaming DVD-rw problem

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I cannot rename my DVD-r in "My Computer". I tried right-click, properties on it, but the area is greyed out. I also tried in the Disk Manager to no avail. Would I be able to rename it in the registry?

Thanks in advance,

Heeter

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
tried admin tools, disc management? On a separate note why not just put a shortcut to it on your desktop and rename that as you wish? That's what I do and it works fine for me....

no elektro his problem doens't have to do with software problem.
usually the optical drive takes the name of the disk inserted, i haven't tried renaming an optical drive before but you can try clicking on it and pressing F2 to rename it...
or you can try this

1. Start > Run > Regedit

2. Go to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\D\DefaultLabel

Assuming D is the letter of your CD/DVD drive. If there is no key named DefaultLabel, create one by right-clicking the key for your drive (in this case, D) and selecting New > Key.

3. Change the (Default) value to the label you want.
Source

Heeter

The DVD-r is my optical drive, so I thought this would be the right section.

Mainframe, I did try that.

I am thinking that should be able to rename the optical drive through the registry.

Heeter

Heeter

Thanks Fishboy, for understanding my question. And thanks for the reply. Will try that right away. You posted while I was writing the previus post.

Heeter

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown