renaming DVD-rw problem

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I cannot rename my DVD-r in "My Computer". I tried right-click, properties on it, but the area is greyed out. I also tried in the Disk Manager to no avail. Would I be able to rename it in the registry?

Thanks in advance,

Heeter

mate i think you are in the wrong section, since urs is software related im sure youll get better answers at the windows section ;)

tried admin tools, disc management? On a separate note why not just put a shortcut to it on your desktop and rename that as you wish? That's what I do and it works fine for me....

no elektro his problem doens't have to do with software problem.
usually the optical drive takes the name of the disk inserted, i haven't tried renaming an optical drive before but you can try clicking on it and pressing F2 to rename it...
or you can try this

1. Start > Run > Regedit

2. Go to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\D\DefaultLabel

Assuming D is the letter of your CD/DVD drive. If there is no key named DefaultLabel, create one by right-clicking the key for your drive (in this case, D) and selecting New > Key.

3. Change the (Default) value to the label you want.
Source

The DVD-r is my optical drive, so I thought this would be the right section.

Mainframe, I did try that.

I am thinking that should be able to rename the optical drive through the registry.

Heeter

Thanks Fishboy, for understanding my question. And thanks for the reply. Will try that right away. You posted while I was writing the previus post.

Heeter

Ha, It worked.

Thanks a bunch, Fishboy.

Regedit pulls through again.

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back