Release: AirMoose

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
iagdaaabd.jpg

AirMoose is a native network stumbling application for OS X.

Current features are:
  • Built-In Network Joining (WEP and Non-WEP).
  • Auto Joining For Non-WEP Networks.
  • WEP Compatibility For:
    • Apple Password
    • 40 Bit HEX
    • 64 Bit HEX
    • 104 Bit HEX
    • 128 Bit HEX
  • Immediate Dropping Of Current Wireless Connection.
  • Logging Of All Encountered Access Points.
  • Awesome Moose-y goodness.
  • Current status indication.
  • Universal Binary.
  • Stats About Currently Connected Wireless Network.
  • Audio Notification of Network Discovery.
  • Easy To Use Interface.
  • Semi-Growl support.

It's currently very pre-beta-alpha-not-quite-at-1.0-yet and needs some tweaking, however in it's current state, it does what it says on the tin, and stumbles about to find networks in your area.

Feel free to post thoughts, ideas, feedback and problems :)

AirMoose at MacUpdate : http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/25661
Google Code Page : http://code.google.com/p/airmoose/

Is this going to a feature removed app once it hits "almost beta-not quite there yet" a la Seamoose?

I started playing with adding Sparkle support to Airmoose the other night. I might play further while I am on holiday if the weather turns.

Is this going to a feature removed app once it hits "almost beta-not quite there yet" a la Seamoose?
Nope, this one's going in the opposite direction, as may SeaMoose if I get bored one day and decide to revive it :p

I started playing with adding Sparkle support to Airmoose the other night. I might play further while I am on holiday if the weather turns.
Added Sparkle earlier :p
...and fixed Growl. :D

D'oh, it is pretty much a piece of piss to add isn't it

Aye, most of the work is done in Interface Builder.

If you want a task to tackle though, I could really do with the Audio selection feature being implemented. For reference, take a peek in Transmission's pref pane, we'd need two, one for encrypted, one for open.

I have a rough idea how it's done, however, I'm not certain... could always just borrow from Transmission I guess :D

May be worth switching to use NSUserDefaultsController

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back