I may actually be insane.
AirMoose is a native network stumbling application for OS X.
Current features are:
- Built-In Network Joining (WEP and Non-WEP).
- Auto Joining For Non-WEP Networks.
- WEP Compatibility For:
- Apple Password
- 40 Bit HEX
- 64 Bit HEX
- 104 Bit HEX
- 128 Bit HEX
- Immediate Dropping Of Current Wireless Connection.
- Logging Of All Encountered Access Points.
- Awesome Moose-y goodness.
- Current status indication.
- Universal Binary.
- Stats About Currently Connected Wireless Network.
- Audio Notification of Network Discovery.
- Easy To Use Interface.
- Semi-Growl support.
It's currently very pre-beta-alpha-not-quite-at-1.0-yet and needs some tweaking, however in it's current state, it does what it says on the tin, and stumbles about to find networks in your area.
Feel free to post thoughts, ideas, feedback and problems
AirMoose at MacUpdate : http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/25661
Google Code Page : http://code.google.com/p/airmoose/