• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Registry Cleaner

D

dadx2mj

Can someone recommend a good registry cleaner? I have been using the one in System Mechanic but think it has been causing me some problems. So can someone recommend a good safe and hopefully free registry cleaner for XP Pro? TIA

A

Adam S

try evidence eliminator, and have it run the reg cleaner as well. i did this on an old machine, which had 3 gigs free. after it finished removing all the junk, i had 9 gigs free. yes, it cleared up 6 gigs worth of junk on there.

N

NotBold_Fortune

That's interesting. I didn't know Evidence Eliminator had a registry cleaner. Cool, maybe I'll give it a try.

A

Adam S

no, evidence eliminator has a place where u can tell it to run M$ reg. cleaner. u just download reg. cleaner, and point evidence eliminator to the installed program.

evidence eliminator then runs the reg. cleaner along with it's own processes, which REALLY help to remove unwanted junk.

I just ran it with the reg. cleaner also on a machine I built 3 weeks ago, and it cleared up 2 gigs. it is an awesome program, even better with M$ reg. cleaner in it.

A

Adam S

it shouldn't. i use xp anti-spy and some of the tweaks from dealer, and i haven't noticed any of them gone or not working since I've run it.

it basically goes through and removes keys that are no longer needed. like say, if u uninstall a program, in theory in cleans out all the residual junk left in the registry.

however, it doesn't go thru the registry line by line making sure the values u entered are the same as the defaults. it just corrects errors.

A

Adam S

use evidence eliminator too. as i stated before, i was able to wipe off 6 gigs worth of residual crap with EE and reg. cleaner on an old 40 gig drive. on a 3 week old machine with a 12 gig drive, i wiped off 1.5 gigs doing the same. the 2 programs together are awesome!

T

TalkAboutIslam

Posted by dadx2mj
Can someone recommend a good registry cleaner? I have been using the one in System Mechanic but think it has been causing me some problems. So can someone recommend a good safe and hopefully free registry cleaner for XP Pro? TIA
Hi dadx2mj

go to download.com and try reading the comments of the users... that helps

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evaiwhitis