Registry Cleaner

D

dadx2mj

Can someone recommend a good registry cleaner? I have been using the one in System Mechanic but think it has been causing me some problems. So can someone recommend a good safe and hopefully free registry cleaner for XP Pro? TIA

RegCleaner is a great one. I also use APK Registry Cleaner, it does a good job as well.

try evidence eliminator, and have it run the reg cleaner as well. i did this on an old machine, which had 3 gigs free. after it finished removing all the junk, i had 9 gigs free. yes, it cleared up 6 gigs worth of junk on there.

That's interesting. I didn't know Evidence Eliminator had a registry cleaner. Cool, maybe I'll give it a try.

no, evidence eliminator has a place where u can tell it to run M$ reg. cleaner. u just download reg. cleaner, and point evidence eliminator to the installed program.

evidence eliminator then runs the reg. cleaner along with it's own processes, which REALLY help to remove unwanted junk.

I just ran it with the reg. cleaner also on a machine I built 3 weeks ago, and it cleared up 2 gigs. it is an awesome program, even better with M$ reg. cleaner in it.

I have used RegCleaner in the past. RegClean also does the trick.

Will M$ RegCleaner screw with any of your Hacked Reg Keys (the ones that you might have hacked to tweak XP)???

it shouldn't. i use xp anti-spy and some of the tweaks from dealer, and i haven't noticed any of them gone or not working since I've run it.

it basically goes through and removes keys that are no longer needed. like say, if u uninstall a program, in theory in cleans out all the residual junk left in the registry.

however, it doesn't go thru the registry line by line making sure the values u entered are the same as the defaults. it just corrects errors.

use evidence eliminator too. as i stated before, i was able to wipe off 6 gigs worth of residual crap with EE and reg. cleaner on an old 40 gig drive. on a 3 week old machine with a 12 gig drive, i wiped off 1.5 gigs doing the same. the 2 programs together are awesome!

Posted by dadx2mj
Can someone recommend a good registry cleaner? I have been using the one in System Mechanic but think it has been causing me some problems. So can someone recommend a good safe and hopefully free registry cleaner for XP Pro? TIA

Hi dadx2mj

go to download.com and try reading the comments of the users... that helps

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back