red hat first time

is it possible to lycrois by ftp like redhat ?

is it possible to lycrois by ftp like redhat ?

You mean installing it thru FTP?

I'm not really sure about that. Check out www.lycoris.org - the community website for details. They might have something in the Tutorials.

The ISO download isn't as big as the other distros. Its around a 550 MB download for CD1, which is what you need to install it.

i have a compaq 5440 can i install lycoris on it??? Also can i do networkin between lycoris and XP PRO???

yes it should run lycoris.
and yes, networking can be acheived between Lycoris and Windows XP

Probably yes, linux isn't a fat bloated resource hog like windows :)
i have redhat up and running on a 16mb 133MHz box in my other room, and it would probably run on a slower machine.
It's only when you use X that you'll need a slightly faster machine, but again, nothing overly powerful.

X???

how about drivesrs? videocard is a Nvidia TNT2 M64 PCI

sorry for all the questions but i dont have any xperience with linux.......i just play a bit in a friend pc and i like it what i saw so i'min the process of downloading the ISO files, currently i have iso3, still downloadin #1 & #2, since yesterday!!! Anyway lets see if i'm correct i cant install redhat in NTFS only in fat 32, right? Can i network Redhat and XP Pro? Can redhat see NTFS partition???

You cant install redhat IN NTFS or Fat32, it has to have its own partition, usually this will be in either EXT2, EXT3, XFS or Reiser file system

Yes, you can network RedHat and Windows XP, all operating systems have a different background but have to follow a standard of protocoling, meaning a mac can be networked to linux, linux to a mac, mac to windows, windows to linux and so on...

And yes, RedHat can see an NTFS partition, just not write to it (safely at least), but it can write to a Fat32 partition.

ok i just installed red hat and i was looking on there web site and it is a graphical interface and when i boot up it goes into what looks like a dos prompt sccreen asking my my login and pass and i enter it and i cant get into the graphical interface.. anyhelp????

when you set up rh, there will be an option (pre-8.0) for graphical login or non-gui, if you selected the gui, it'll boot up into the login automagically

Not if X isn't compatable with the hardware it won't

if you can set up the system in graphical mode chances are they've detected all the right stuff to log in gui. the xserver (at least what ive seen, not that i've seen it all) gets its conf from the autodetect @ the beginging of the setup. if x isn't compatable then you'll know in setup, cause (i'm not 100% pos. but how else would it work) the graphic setup uses X, and if it aint working you'll have to use text mode, right?

mmmmmmm..........text mode......../textmode loves gentoo linux..........

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back