Record streaming video?

bobsalot

Boooooooooooooooooooom
If im watching a file from the internet which is playing in Windows Media Player, is there any way in which i can save this file to put somewhere, for example on a disk so i can watch it in future. The reason for this is that i want to put that video on my phone and i cannot download the video, only stream. Thanks .

lol... i was wondering the same thing... sometimes it is not in the source (like on atomfilms.com) and i started using a screen recorder...the final video was like ten times the actual size of the orig when i finished :D

hey... it took me forever to find this old thread, however I found out how to get the files :D

Here bobs, try this... if it is an embeded player then look at the source of the page. You might have to save the page to view the full source.

Look for a .asf file (probably preview.asf) and make a link to it in a new html page.

Download the .asf file and rename it to .html.

Edit that file to find the next .asf file they are redirecting you to which is usally right before the <DURATION value="00:20:00.00" /> tag.

Make a link to this file and download it. It should be a huge file depending on the length of the video.

Rename the .asf whatever the extention of the movie was (.wmv, .mov, etc) and there you have it.... It's downloaded :D

Don't ask how I found all this... It was late and I was really, really tired...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut