Record streaming video?

bobsalot

Boooooooooooooooooooom
If im watching a file from the internet which is playing in Windows Media Player, is there any way in which i can save this file to put somewhere, for example on a disk so i can watch it in future. The reason for this is that i want to put that video on my phone and i cannot download the video, only stream. Thanks .

you can often look in the source of the page to find the actual file. Look for '.asf' or '.wmv'

o well never mind. i downloaded it somehow and just transfered it to my phone.

You can use a download manager like flashget to download them also ..

lol... i was wondering the same thing... sometimes it is not in the source (like on atomfilms.com) and i started using a screen recorder...the final video was like ten times the actual size of the orig when i finished :D

hey... it took me forever to find this old thread, however I found out how to get the files :D

Here bobs, try this... if it is an embeded player then look at the source of the page. You might have to save the page to view the full source.

Look for a .asf file (probably preview.asf) and make a link to it in a new html page.

Download the .asf file and rename it to .html.

Edit that file to find the next .asf file they are redirecting you to which is usally right before the <DURATION value="00:20:00.00" /> tag.

Make a link to this file and download it. It should be a huge file depending on the length of the video.

Rename the .asf whatever the extention of the movie was (.wmv, .mov, etc) and there you have it.... It's downloaded :D

Don't ask how I found all this... It was late and I was really, really tired...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back