read this file in english

S

s.n.a.g

is there anyway where i can read the file in english? when i drag into notepad there are some computer generated language.

is this some of those encoding stuffs to make it unreadable?

Looks like an encrypted file to me. I don't think you will find much help here with cracking that. It's against forum guidelines.

I looks like a PDF file and I don't think it's encrypted, since I could see raw text, just not the markup. The reason for me to think it looks like a PDF file, is because of this (21st line):
Binomial Dist%PDF-1.4%ÀÈÌÒ
I tried opening it in Acrobat Reader 6.0, but it gave an error.
While typing this, I did a further search in the file itself, and the way is was 'coded', I am certain it is a damaged PDF file, or written in an older format, a format AR 6.0 can't handle. In my search I have found this PDF file, which explains how to pack a file (usually images) within a PDF file, and the code they describe is exactly like the one I found in the file.
Conclusion: I think this file is either damaged, or written in a format that does not follow the rules that Adobe stated for the PDF-format.
As I said, the raw text is readable, I recommend opening the file in Wordpad instead of Notepad, since there are a type of line-breaks used in the file that Notepad can't handle. When opened the file, just scroll down to view the text.

Originally posted by Glaanieboy
I looks like a PDF file and I don't think it's encrypted, since I could see raw text, just not the markup. The reason for me to think it looks like a PDF file, is because of this (21st line):

I tried opening it in Acrobat Reader 6.0, but it gave an error.
While typing this, I did a further search in the file itself, and the way is was 'coded', I am certain it is a damaged PDF file, or written in an older format, a format AR 6.0 can't handle. In my search I have found this PDF file, which explains how to pack a file (usually images) within a PDF file, and the code they describe is exactly like the one I found in the file.
Conclusion: I think this file is either damaged, or written in a format that does not follow the rules that Adobe stated for the PDF-format.
As I said, the raw text is readable, I recommend opening the file in Wordpad instead of Notepad, since there are a type of line-breaks used in the file that Notepad can't handle. When opened the file, just scroll down to view the text.

have to totally agree. It is an old PDF file format, version 1.4 and i doubt you will find any version that can still open that.

it might be a pdf file :confused:

it's taken from a floopy disc that i believe is the key that is needed to view a program that looks like acrobat reader which contains some questions and answers to some past year exam papers.

there's 1 cd and 1 floopy, the lecturer is selling
this. WTF?. arent they supposed help us?

it can only be view by the very 1st pc that runs it. i get this from my friend, and i think that's why the file i attached is corrupted.

the floopy only contains 1 file (the attached file) , while the cd have a file with ".pyq" extension (pyq= past year question , the file i attached is pyk=past yr key) ,an exe file, autorun file & ac. reader installer.

i can open the exe file, it looks like a ripped off ac. reader. it only has a bookmark window and a viewing window. whenever i click on the list on the bookmark, my floopy will run and a window will prompt up and says something like "support the original".

i believe the main reason why i couldnt view the file is because of the attached file.

oh by the way "I will not post nasty avatar pictures anymore because it's against Forum Guidelines and I could be banned the next time" :eek: ;) :eek: :p ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back