RAM acting funny

mooo

thecyberninja
When i use some programs (a lot actually) when i do something something, close it out/do something in it i get this error. the numbers are different and i am not sure exactly what to do about it..

The instruction at "0x0057cd22" reference memory at "0x736d6574". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debuc the program

any idea??

mooo

thecyberninja
damn ran it, said all my memory was good..
any other ideas on what could be the problem?

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
Run it over a burn in period....

mooo said:
damn ran it, said all my memory was good..
any other ideas on what could be the problem?
You need to run that memory tester overnight or something, just one pass may not catch the error as it can be inconsistent. Also I know from experience it is possible your system warms up and the RAM only fails when it is hot - this will not happen with the memory tester because it does not drive the CPU or memory as hard as other applications. What is your RAM set up? Try taking one stick out and swapping if you have more than one. If not can you get hold of some to swap it out for?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swipk8