RAM acting funny

mooo

thecyberninja
When i use some programs (a lot actually) when i do something something, close it out/do something in it i get this error. the numbers are different and i am not sure exactly what to do about it..

The instruction at "0x0057cd22" reference memory at "0x736d6574". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debuc the program

any idea??

damn ran it, said all my memory was good..
any other ideas on what could be the problem?

Run it over a burn in period....

mooo said:
damn ran it, said all my memory was good..
any other ideas on what could be the problem?

You need to run that memory tester overnight or something, just one pass may not catch the error as it can be inconsistent. Also I know from experience it is possible your system warms up and the RAM only fails when it is hot - this will not happen with the memory tester because it does not drive the CPU or memory as hard as other applications. What is your RAM set up? Try taking one stick out and swapping if you have more than one. If not can you get hold of some to swap it out for?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back