Radeon 8500LE 128 mg

Wait is there like a difference between a Radeon 8500 128mg ddr and a Radeon 8500LE 128mg ddr?

Stick with the LE tho, and o/c it. Rage3d has a very good o/cong utility called Rage3d Tweak, new one supports catalyst drivers as well.

It also doesn't have the port for the 2nd monitor....

But that's to be expected at that price, then again...do you really NEED a 2nd monitor?

OK....so I was drooling over the Parhelia TRIPLE monitor setup.....but not rushing out to by 2 more monitors just because of it !

:D

LOL

yes ATI radeon's are great buy for the $ ...... catch just cant handle the truth he is bashing ATI anywhere he see's a post for ATI ....you got a great card for a great price and the drivers are great also you will see right away that nvidia does not even come close to the textures and colors of the radeon and dvd and vid play back are way better than any nvidia, all the hype about raw speed is also just that its hype radeons are just a tad behind in most any comparsion you find for speed but are always way way out in front for contrast , color , mulitmedia play back ........

sure

whatever catch ......... the new drivers are fine and ATI drivers are much better over the last 6 monthes ..... and are getting better each time ........ nothing is perfect but ATI for the $ is a way better deal all around .................

My old computer had a ATI Radeon 32mb SDR (PCI) because i had no AGP slot :( but now that i have a new computer i am VERY glad i got my choice in 3D cards (see sig). nVidia all the way!!!

I'm using a AIW Radeon 8500 128 MB and I'm happy with this card. I just did a driver update and didn't have any problems. I put my old card a Geforce 2 MX in my wifes computer. I think both companies make good cards.

Holy Cow !!!

Stop the press !!!

The Radeon 8500 128mb DDR was a WHOPPING 7 fps behind the 4200 (GEFORCE 4) and ONLY 4fps behind in Castle Wolfenstein....yeah Catch...that sounds like PALTRY performance.

Here's a quarter *flip*......you know what to go buy !

Who would have thought.....

...this thread would have gone on THIS long!!

Turning into the WWF here.....hehehe!!

Let's get ready to rumble !!!

Hey DM.....one other question.....

Did you get an ATI retail version, an OEM version, or a Powered by ATI version (ie. Hercules or other card maker).
Just wondering 'cause I haven't heard too much on how the other Radeon card makers have been doing since they jumped onboard the ATI wagon!! Though I think Rage3D has had a bunch of reviews, I kinda like the idea of going with ones built by ATI, though Hercules would be my 2nd choice !

Ahhhhh....here we go!

Though this is for the 64mb versions !

(Hercules vs. Creative)

Now if anyones talking TRASH about lousy driver writers...I'm throwing my 2 cents in for Creative!! They suck! BIGTIME !!

:eek:

LOL

yes a whole 7 fps behind LOLOLOL
catch is too funny .............. just too funny

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back