• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Quake II and q2_widescreen

dgoodrie

OSNN One Post Wonder
Under VISTA Home Premium on a Dell 6000 with an internal Intel graphics chip using the q2_widesceen mod, I lost the crosshairs.:cry: The original Quake II .exe doesn't lose the crosshairs but then the video is not very good. My screen resolution is 1680 by 1050 but I have tried other resolutions using the q2_widescreen mod without any success. Any ideas?

dgoodrie

OSNN One Post Wonder
AQ2 doesn't run well under VISTA the the interface is horrible.:dead: Anyone know how to contact the developer of q2_widescreen?

Terrahertz

Extinction Agenda
Political User
Also why are you using an on board graphics card for gaming? I mean yeah your running Quake 2 but c'mon. You probably can solve that cross hair issue with a dedicated gpu. Or it can just be Vista.

dgoodrie

OSNN One Post Wonder
The internal Intel GPS works just fine under XP. I have two PCs, both have internal Intel GPS, one running VISTA and the other XP. I think q2_widescreen is the problem under VISTA.:cry: By the way, I get more FPS on the Intel GPS then I did on earlier NVidia graphics cards. I know the newer cards are much faster the internal Intel GPS. So, I am still looking for the developer of q2_widescreen. This could end up as an Intel XDMP driver issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies