Quake II and q2_widescreen

dgoodrie

OSNN Newbie
Under VISTA Home Premium on a Dell 6000 with an internal Intel graphics chip using the q2_widesceen mod, I lost the crosshairs.:cry: The original Quake II .exe doesn't lose the crosshairs but then the video is not very good. My screen resolution is 1680 by 1050 but I have tried other resolutions using the q2_widescreen mod without any success. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Q2-full.jpg
    Q2-full.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 230
  • Q2-wide.jpg
    Q2-wide.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 274
AQ2 doesn't run well under VISTA the the interface is horrible.:dead: Anyone know how to contact the developer of q2_widescreen?

Also why are you using an on board graphics card for gaming? I mean yeah your running Quake 2 but c'mon. You probably can solve that cross hair issue with a dedicated gpu. Or it can just be Vista.

The internal Intel GPS works just fine under XP. I have two PCs, both have internal Intel GPS, one running VISTA and the other XP. I think q2_widescreen is the problem under VISTA.:cry: By the way, I get more FPS on the Intel GPS then I did on earlier NVidia graphics cards. I know the newer cards are much faster the internal Intel GPS. So, I am still looking for the developer of q2_widescreen. This could end up as an Intel XDMP driver issue.

Well good luck then. Hope your able to solve your problem. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back