PS2=>USB Keyboard?

sean.ferguson

OSNN Veteran Addict
I have a PS2/USB Convertor, Im trying to use my current Keyboard with my iBook. Now when I plug the Keyboard in through the convertor the 3 LEDs flash as normal, however I am getting no response from the keyboard what so ever.

Is there something I can do to solve this because I really need to be able to use this?

I don't know anything about the iBook so I am just going to state the obvious... are you booting your computer up with the keyboard already plugged in? Are you using a KVM switch to be able to use two PC's with the same mouse and Keyboard? If you can't get it to work why not just buy a USB keyboard?

Ray asked exactly what i was gonna ask. have you restarted the computer after plugging it in, or did you plug it in while the computer was already on? gotta remember PS2 isn't auto-detected and usable even when the computer is powered on like USB is.

Sean, I've had this problem with Windows. Newer keyboards don't seem to like the PS/2 converter. Try an older keyboard and see it that works.

Solution, but a USB Keyboard, they're about £3 these days :p

Have you used the board in another machine and can verify it works? I have a few boards at home which "power up" (LED's light at boot time) but don't respond as the connection from the actual keys to the circuit inside is broke.

As Matt says though, it could just be a fecker... try another board :D

I have tried three boards from around the house, all three work. Its very frustrating, but I guess they are just picky - or the iBook is picky *shrug*

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back