Protection for MacBook

• Thread starter avid_mac_user
  • Start date
A

avid_mac_user

Hey people, any idea or advice on how to protect my MacBook in terms of the physical aspect. I bought a screen shield for the screen. Any more tips?

Wrap it in cotton-wool, and bubble wrap, then place it in an air-tight chest.

Alternatively, just get a case/carry bag for it, and all should be well, no matter how hard you try and protect it though, it will get scratched at some point, my iBook is (and even has a wonky LCD because I dropped it :p).

You bought the thing to use - so use it. (Just put it in a case)
They are cheap and look cool.

I met one guy who had covered his iBook with stickers and claimed it was in pewrfect condition under the stickers!

I've never understood the point of covering up a great-looking piece of hardware. Take the iPod for example -- all the ridiculous cases that completely cover up it up. What's the point of having a nicely-designed iPod when you don't even see it? Who cares if it's in perfect condition underneath if you don't see it?

I keep my MacBook in a neoprene sleeve inside a shoulder bag. I wipe down the screen on occassion (iClear is a good product). I'll also wipe down the handrests and mousepad when needed. You can cover the entire laptop with a sticky, transparent film made by someone -- but then it doesn't look quite as nice, even though it's protected underneath. My suggestion is to leave it alone and handle it with care. :)

My iPod lives in my pocket, so it never gets seen anyway :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back