• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Programs that may behave differently in Windows XP Service Pack 2

tdinc

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
I have not had any probs either, but it is funny to see a long list of
soft that most everyone uses :p

Fenris

OSNN Senior Addict
Over half my programs are on that list :( lol this doesnt look good. Although i havent upgraded to SP2 yet so hopefully when i do get around to dl the upgrade i wont have any problems

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political User
when I open up nero I get a compatibility error that comes up but I just click ok or continue and have burned a bunch of cds and dvds without a problem...

also when I open office xp I get an error in the the beginning again but I just click ok and have not noticed and real problems so far

d_b

OSNN Junior Addict
Tuffgong4 said:
when I open up nero I get a compatibility error that comes up but I just click ok or continue and have burned a bunch of cds and dvds without a problem...

also when I open office xp I get an error in the the beginning again but I just click ok and have not noticed and real problems so far
Exact same thing here.

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political User
AOL? Who doesnt have problems with aol?

Glad i dont patch my system...seems like i would have more problems patchin it then i would do without

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
What is this suppose to mean:
"The following table lists programs that may behave differently after you install Windows XP SP2:"????

And why couldn't they put it alphabetically? Seems Bill is up to his old tricks.

Hipster Doofus said:
And why couldn't they put it alphabetically? Seems Bill is up to his old tricks.
If you look it's done alphabetically by the software maker. ;) Though it would have been easier if it was done by program.

At first I would get path errors when I launched a proggy from quick launch, but after a couple of reboots the path errors stopped.

My concern now it that everytime I reboot, the "My Documents" folder opens and it is becoming annoying.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so has anyone found a solution to prevent this from happening?

Thx ahead!

Peace!

Thanks for the link. ROFLMFAO.

That looks like a list of all the major software in use for the past 4 years. Think I'll wait 6 months to upgrade (if ever).

melon

MS-DOS 2.0
Political User
Leaving the firewall on isn't a big deal. They just tend to nag you about a possible security problem with certain programs, but if you trust the program (like many on the list there), you can just ignore the firewall and let it run anyway.

Seeing "Diet Kazaa" on there kind of made me laugh, though...lol.

Melon

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown