• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Problems with Tweak XP's auto-logon

CelicaMan94

OSNN Junior Addict
I enabled the auto-logon feature on Tweak XP and now it won't disable. I've uninstalled Tweak XP and deleted all the registry key associated with it that I could find. The auto-logon feature is still enabled, and I'm unable to access other users accounts on the computer. How can I get rid of the auto-logon so I can create and use other accounts?

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
Go to the start menu & left click your account. (the picture at the top next to your user name) When the box opens click 'back'. Under 'related tasks' see if you can create a new account in there.

Alternatively you could do a system retore to a recent point before tweakxp was installed.

rushm001

In the beginning......
Political User
See if the registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\
AutoAdminLogon = 0

Admiral Michael

Michaelsoft Systems CEO
Goto Start>Run and type "control userpasswords2" (without quotes) and click "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer"

CelicaMan94

OSNN Junior Addict
I got the auto-logon disabled, but the welcome screen doesn't appear when I log off. I had no problem creating new accounts, but I'd like the welcome screen to come up to make things easier for everyone. When I log off, I only get the window that comes up where you have to type your name and password in manually, as if the welcome screen isn't enabled (which it is).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown