Problems with Tweak XP's auto-logon

CelicaMan94

OSNN Junior Addict
I enabled the auto-logon feature on Tweak XP and now it won't disable. I've uninstalled Tweak XP and deleted all the registry key associated with it that I could find. The auto-logon feature is still enabled, and I'm unable to access other users accounts on the computer. How can I get rid of the auto-logon so I can create and use other accounts?

Go to the start menu & left click your account. (the picture at the top next to your user name) When the box opens click 'back'. Under 'related tasks' see if you can create a new account in there.

Alternatively you could do a system retore to a recent point before tweakxp was installed.

See if the registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\
AutoAdminLogon = 0

Goto Start>Run and type "control userpasswords2" (without quotes) and click "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer"

I got the auto-logon disabled, but the welcome screen doesn't appear when I log off. I had no problem creating new accounts, but I'd like the welcome screen to come up to make things easier for everyone. When I log off, I only get the window that comes up where you have to type your name and password in manually, as if the welcome screen isn't enabled (which it is).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back