• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Problems with pixelated icons

I've decided to abandone the easy way of doing it via third party software like Bee Icons and read that shell32.dll hack thread. It said even newbs can understand, lo and behold 30 minutes into it I was hacking away.

Problem is, my icons look jagged with large icons enabled. Am I stretching the icons beyond it's capability? I think mine are 128x128 if I'm not mistakened. It was part of a download of the Aqua set someone kindly offered a while back.

Ok, look at the harddrive and see how it pixelates. On normal size settings, with large icons turned off in the windows preference, it looks fine, but completely too small for me.

Comparison shots, first are jagged, second are not.

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong,
TIA

Attachments

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
Icons will get pixelated when they are stretched past their maximum size. It is posible that the icons you are using do not go up to 128. I've seen many that only go to 48 and when they are set to large they get fugly ugly. You say that these icons are from some set. Look and see if you have the original package file they came in. Zip, Icon Packager, RAR, whatever. Usually there is a text file that acompanies them. Read it and see what size they go up to. Or get an icon viewer proggy and open up one of the suspect icons and see what size they izzz. :)

Good Luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saryrehgy