Problems with pixelated icons

_ronin

OSNN Addict
I've decided to abandone the easy way of doing it via third party software like Bee Icons and read that shell32.dll hack thread. It said even newbs can understand, lo and behold 30 minutes into it I was hacking away.

Problem is, my icons look jagged with large icons enabled. Am I stretching the icons beyond it's capability? I think mine are 128x128 if I'm not mistakened. It was part of a download of the Aqua set someone kindly offered a while back.

Ok, look at the harddrive and see how it pixelates. On normal size settings, with large icons turned off in the windows preference, it looks fine, but completely too small for me.

Comparison shots, first are jagged, second are not.

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong,
TIA

Attachments

• jags.jpg
    jags.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 142
  • jags2.jpg
    jags2.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 95
Icons will get pixelated when they are stretched past their maximum size. It is posible that the icons you are using do not go up to 128. I've seen many that only go to 48 and when they are set to large they get fugly ugly. You say that these icons are from some set. Look and see if you have the original package file they came in. Zip, Icon Packager, RAR, whatever. Usually there is a text file that acompanies them. Read it and see what size they go up to. Or get an icon viewer proggy and open up one of the suspect icons and see what size they izzz. :)

Good Luck.

Ummmm... Also what resolution is yer DeskTop set to?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back