• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Power Supply

Does anyone know of a good site or app that will help me calculate the power supply that is being drawn from my computer. I have 1 CDR, 1DVDROM, 1DVDRW, 2 hdd, scsi card, 4 USB port (used) CPU fan and case fan and the usual other products.

blinden

OSNN Senior Addict
who's your mobo manufacturer?

a lot of them provide apps that draw data from sensors onboard, I know my asus does...

RagnaroK

Must be dreaming...
I don't know if this will help, but this file has "average" power usage of most major componets in a PC. I got this file ages ago, I think from when this forum was still under xp-erience.org.
Good luck otherwise. :)

-RaG

J

jumpy

Originally posted by Ragnarok
I don't know if this will help, but this file has "average" power usage of most major componets in a PC. I got this file ages ago, I think from when this forum was still under xp-erience.org.
Good luck otherwise. :)

-RaG
For the cpu's the AMD power usages are about right, but the P4 power usage is a bit on the high side. I would think the actual wattages are a fair bit lower than what's stated regarding the p4 chips, up to nearly half in some.
Eg. Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz-2.4GHz - 90W
The peak power output of p4 3.06ghz is around 80W.
Not sure about the other components, looks like a fairly good guide, it's always better to be on the safe side anyway and get a psu that will suit your needs in the future as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown