Power Supply

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
Does anyone know of a good site or app that will help me calculate the power supply that is being drawn from my computer. I have 1 CDR, 1DVDROM, 1DVDRW, 2 hdd, scsi card, 4 USB port (used) CPU fan and case fan and the usual other products.

who's your mobo manufacturer?

a lot of them provide apps that draw data from sensors onboard, I know my asus does...

I don't know if this will help, but this file has "average" power usage of most major componets in a PC. I got this file ages ago, I think from when this forum was still under xp-erience.org.
Good luck otherwise. :)

-RaG

Originally posted by Ragnarok
I don't know if this will help, but this file has "average" power usage of most major componets in a PC. I got this file ages ago, I think from when this forum was still under xp-erience.org.
Good luck otherwise. :)

-RaG

For the cpu's the AMD power usages are about right, but the P4 power usage is a bit on the high side. I would think the actual wattages are a fair bit lower than what's stated regarding the p4 chips, up to nearly half in some.
Eg. Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz-2.4GHz - 90W
The peak power output of p4 3.06ghz is around 80W.
Not sure about the other components, looks like a fairly good guide, it's always better to be on the safe side anyway and get a psu that will suit your needs in the future as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back