Post Your Case

I don't bother with a printer or scanner as I never use them, except at work.
The only current USB device I have plugged in is a Logitech Quickcam Zoom and thats just to take a few pics now and then it will go back into the cupboard.

Athlon64 3400+
MSI Neo FISR2 K8T800
1GB Crucial DDR PC3200
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Ultimate with extra Zalman Cooling
Creative Labs Audigy2 ZS
Maxtor Diamondmax9 120GB inside a Coolermaster Cooldrive 4
HP DVD Writer 300n (Rebranded NEC drive)
Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite
Antec Tru-Blue 480w PSU
Lian-li PC-65 Case with 4 Coolermaster Neon LED Fans
Unbranded blue cold cathode
Kenwood Digital Reciever (analog & digital)
2x Eltax Liberty 5+ Front Left/Right
Eltax HT-2 Front Center
2x Wharfdale Diamonds Rear Left/Right
Ruarq Vita 200 Subwoofer

And here is the perfect to pimp out my new tidying up etc. inside my case.
Dunno why I did it today as I have 2x 180 gig SATA drives arriving tomorrow, so its all gonna have to be sorted again tomorrow. Oh and when I get a 6800 Ultra next month :p, furthur plans involve mounting 2x 19" TFTs on the wall, but I have to see how much of a discount I can get on the monitors.

I have always liked Lite-On's I never have any trouble with their burners

now maybe it's just me, but I haven't been extremely impressed with my liteon drives. Sure they handle media find, but the tray feels so flimsy, and so do the buttons. Am I in the minority here?

i'm not sure if you mean flimsy as in pliable, or flimsy as in it moves quite easily up and down if you grab it and move it up and down. my LiteOn DVD+/-RW tray can be shaken up and down quite a bit, but i guess that's kinda normal with them. i dunno, since this is my first LiteOn.

Well mine are that way but I have never seen where that is a problem the buttons are fine but the trays have a free play .. maybe thats the way they were made to be :)

gonaads said:
Nope... Liteon is what use to be JVC. Liteon bought JVC.

TDK is TDK. And I like my TDK. :)

Liteon sells rebadged drives to the following manufacturers (list varies):
Sony
TDK
Memorex
Digital Research
Pine
Optorite
HP
Artec
Rosewill
Asus
MSI
Samsung

TDK has also been known to use Plextor drives.
Once in a great while (very rarely) TDK will release a drive manufactured in house.

I will admit that the liteon drives can seem kinda flimsy, but what else do you want, the 52x drives sell for less than $35, write on anything you throw at them and are some of the best drives for DAE.

how would one figure out what kind of drive it originally was? is there a piece of software that does so or what?

Sometimes the model # gives it away (it crossreferences easy with a liteon model #)

Same thing with firmware #'s.

Sometimes a program like EAC will identify it as a Lite-On drive.

A good place to poke around is www.cdfreaks.com

I meant flimsy as in the drive mechanism is quite shaky. I can get quite a bit of movement up and down, and I'm not a huge fan of that. Funny, I've never really heard anybody mention it before.

nothing too special, just a superlanboy case with a cathode added.

system:
GA-8IPE1000 Pro2
P4C 2.6ghz
512MB DDR400 GEIL X2
Sapphire ATI 9700 Pro
Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 Digital
IBM 80GB 2MB Cache HDD X2
Samsung 160GB 8MB Cache SATA HDD
Lite-On DVD-ROM
Pioneer DVR-107D

Attachments

• case1.JPG
    case1.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 139
  • case2.JPG
    case2.JPG
    207.7 KB · Views: 126
  • case3.JPG
    case3.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 125
Keshik said:
I meant flimsy as in the drive mechanism is quite shaky. I can get quite a bit of movement up and down, and I'm not a huge fan of that. Funny, I've never really heard anybody mention it before.

I wouldn't worry bout it, the tray is only a mechanism to move the disk in and out of the drive. The spindle is what you have to worry bout and it's more than likely a laser will die before the spindle.

ElementalDragon said:
how would one figure out what kind of drive it originally was? is there a piece of software that does so or what?

Usually lookin inside, sometimes the chip sets will have the manufacturer's name or another part of the internal mechanism.

actually, i believe having a bit of play in the drive is normal for any company. even my Asus 52x24x52 CD-RW drive has a slight amount of movement up and down. maybe it kinda cuts back on vibration noise, since it's not practically mounted so tight it seems as if it's a part of the drive casing.

Awesome case t3kNo!
Here's mine.. nothing special.
wink.gif

vaio.jpg

EEEW!!!! I pitty you, ~bk. i now officially hate sony desktop products since i got my old one.

Nice Lanboy t3kno. and is that your footrest under the middle of your desk?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back