Podcast thread

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
Lately I have heard a lot in the media about a phenomenom known as podcasting which (despite the name) is not really limited nor associated with the ubiquitous iPod, it just acquired the name because iPods are I guess the lever that made digital music in that format really take off, and raised the DRM issue (but that's something else).

Anyways - I am actually really interested, not in making a podcast, but rathe rin hearing some of what might be out there.

Today I read about one that is coming out of Iraq even by someone servig out there :eek:

I'm not going to post any links myself right off - but I am hoping that nyone who is a fan or listens to any podcast or even makes one will put links in this thread for our general enjoyment.

So come on EP - is there a Piccoto podcast yet? And if not when are you setting one up? :p

Adam Curry's podcasts are pretty well-known. :)
http://www.curry.com

Edit: I heard a clever interpretation of the word "PODcast" the other day while reading a blog. Although it did originate due to the popularity of the iPod, it's moved beyond now, and the "POD" can now be interpreted as "Personal On Demand" (i.e. a personal, on-demand audio-cast) ;)

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
And so it should. It's just the medium some people have been waiting for. Uncensored and (technically) free. :)

Grandmaster said:
This thing is really catching on.
As bandwidth becomes less of an issue, video blogging will probably catch on. Adds a whole new level of "personal touch" to your posts then. That'll be fun. :)

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Alright, I kinda wanted to get into this Podcasts, but I didn't like any of the programs listed when I asked about it. Is there a website that can do the same thing as some of those programs?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut