Podcast thread

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
Lately I have heard a lot in the media about a phenomenom known as podcasting which (despite the name) is not really limited nor associated with the ubiquitous iPod, it just acquired the name because iPods are I guess the lever that made digital music in that format really take off, and raised the DRM issue (but that's something else).

Anyways - I am actually really interested, not in making a podcast, but rathe rin hearing some of what might be out there.

Today I read about one that is coming out of Iraq even by someone servig out there :eek:

I'm not going to post any links myself right off - but I am hoping that nyone who is a fan or listens to any podcast or even makes one will put links in this thread for our general enjoyment.

So come on EP - is there a Piccoto podcast yet? And if not when are you setting one up? :p

Engadget has podcasts every week. It's a roundup of all the news that they posted that week.

BUMP - any more to distract me? And any joy with them on dial up :(

Adam Curry's podcasts are pretty well-known. :)
http://www.curry.com

Edit: I heard a clever interpretation of the word "PODcast" the other day while reading a blog. Although it did originate due to the popularity of the iPod, it's moved beyond now, and the "POD" can now be interpreted as "Personal On Demand" (i.e. a personal, on-demand audio-cast) ;)

And so it should. It's just the medium some people have been waiting for. Uncensored and (technically) free. :)

Grandmaster said:
This thing is really catching on.
As bandwidth becomes less of an issue, video blogging will probably catch on. Adds a whole new level of "personal touch" to your posts then. That'll be fun. :)

I really don't see Video blogging catching on, we'll see though :)

SPeedY_B said:
I really don't see Video blogging catching on, we'll see though :)
That's what people said when the television was first introduced too. :p
It might not happen soon, but it'll come eventually. :)

Video blogging...might force some of the geeks to shower once a week then :p

Yuck. I can't feel fully awake unless I have a shower every morning.

I'm with Kunal on that one. Besides, you can't see stink on camera :p

Alright, I kinda wanted to get into this Podcasts, but I didn't like any of the programs listed when I asked about it. Is there a website that can do the same thing as some of those programs?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back