Pledge of Allegiance --- Petition

Re: Re: I believe in God

Originally posted by ikester7579

She? Mary maybe? hmmm stump me on that one. Just curious don't have to answer.:D

I'm a Pagan. I said that I believe in God, and I do. She is the Earth Mother. Gaia. As I said, I don't think that the creator really cares whether or not She's included in a pledge of nationalism. Gaia is not an American. She is the world.

-Wrath

Alright! Any of you 4u<k!n $h!7$ move, I'll kill the whole 4u<k!n lot of ya!

I've got a loaded weapon!

toxic.jpg

And I'm an arrogant b^st^rd so get me a beer!

One a these:

arrogant.jpg

Top o the world ma!!!

*Prepares to release BioNuclear Fujisized Fart Bomb*

WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

This threads gone nuts. hmmmmm I wonder did someone stuck the dsl cable in the wrong hole?:eek:
ouch!

Originally posted by ikester7579
This threads gone nuts.
This thread is no different then any other thread...We hijack them all!!

muahahahaha

Slaps Jewelzz with a big rotten stinky Trout. *SLAP!* :p

/me slaps gonaads on the head with a pooper scooper *WHAP*

/me cracks and rotten egg over Jewelzz's head then rubs it in Jewelzz's face

appreciation

Originally posted by joshuamjenkins
I have been reading all the responses to this thread, and I am very dismayed at how disrespectful people are to this great country. The pledge of allegiance is more than just a saying. It is stating the morals and values our country was founded on, and recongnising them. You think we are the greatest country ever by mistake? No, it is because of our strong tradition, and morals.

Values and standards are the guardrails in human culture. With all of the garbage that kids are subjected to in school today, to have them recite a 31-word pledge to the flag of their country - for people to find this objectionable is a sign of just how our culture is changing. This country is responsible for the prosperity everybody living in it enjoys. It is this country; it is this Constitution; it is this flag that is the beacon to the oppressed people around the world.

Our nation is a target for all those terrorists who find the way we are objectionable and threatening to the way they want to live. It is certainly worth having values and traditions that people stand for, and those traditions and institutions that made this country great are embodied in the Pledge of Allegiance.

Every generation that is born in this country has a responsibility to pass on to its successors all that they inherited. I see nothing wrong in Americans defending America, and understanding what's great about this country and wanting to protect it for their kids and their grandchildren. I don't understand people who don't see the importance of this. I certainly don't understand people who are threatened by it.

This country is great because of a series of miracles. It wasn't a miracle that it happened, but it was miraculous that our Founding Father's had success - and they did so by giving credit and reverence to an all mighty power. People fled their original homelands to come here and become Americans, and for many decades, the distinct American culture survived. Some who came here failed to assimilate and achieve of course, and blamed America.

Who says you have to say the pledge of allegiance anyway? I know in my school three years ago some kids didn't even stand up, and they were not treated any differently. And, who says "under god" is realted to christianity? You can have Alla in place of god, or buddah, or if you are atheist, maybe a tree. I dont see how this is so offensive to people, there was a reason it was put in the pledge, you know why, it was because of the values and morals this country was founded on. No one has any right to flame this pledge until they read how this country was founded, it is ashame because of selfish, ignorant people who think this country owes them something. If you have no idea of what I am talking about, or think I am just plain out wrong, please click this link, it is the Federalist Papers. These are essays by our founders stating what our country is founded on, and why our values are so important. This should give you some incite on why this whole "under god" this is such a big deal, and is WRONG to object to.

http://memory.loc.gov/const/fed/fedpapers.html

Thank You for your time, and God Bless America!!!

Joshua Jenkins

This guy does know what he's talking about. and I appreciate that a whole lot.<br><br>

For those of you who haven't actually read and tried to understand the declaration of independence, there is no clause stating "seperation of church and state".<br><br>

The first amendment states and I quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise therof; or abridging he freedom of speen, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.<br><br>

tere you have it, it states that there is to be no state sponsored religion. This says nothing about restricting religous persons from being in any state leadership position, or working for the state. Do you realise that for a vast majority of of the US's history it's leaders were infact religious with some form of christianity with varying forms of dedication?<br><br>

I agree with the above quote from josh, as apparently he has his head screwed on tight. If you have a problem with something, somply don't do it. But to use the US Justice department to further your own means against the rest of us simply because ONE person has a problem with it then you need to examine yourselves a little more closely.<br><br>

It was never a law, and never has been law that you had to do this in the first place. It's like saying that kids in school aren't allowed to do XX in school, then going to court and ruling XX unconstitunal is crossing the line.

Green

I like Green. Green is the color of Spring. It's the color of money, and the color of the underside of my left testicle.

-Wrath

Re: Green

Originally posted by Wrathchild
I like Green. Green is the color of Spring. It's the color of money, and the color of the underside of my left testicle.

-Wrath

You should really try to shower more often.....

thread has been hijacked again, my second favorite color is blue ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back