• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Please Help Me! =(

T

Trunks

Hey everyone

I'm having this problem and I can't seem to fix it..and I can't play 3D games like warcraft 3..it lags and the graphics become dodgy and goes weird and everything..then it reboots and sometimes I get the BSOD :(

I tried everything..I updated my BIOS for my mobo..updated nVidia driver..updated sound card..installed the VIA 4 in 1..and still doesn't work :(

Can someone please help me :(

Here's what I get..

The driver for the display device was unable to complete a drawing operation. Please
check with the device manufacture for a driver update.

and..

The driver for the display device got stuck in an infinite loop. This
usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device
driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your
display device vendor for any driver updates.

My computer:

AMD 1800+ XP
MSi KT333 Ultra motherboard
256 DDR PC2700 ram
64 MB Geforce 4 MX 440
60 GIG 7200 rpm Seagate HDD
17inch LG Flatron 775FT
Sound Blaster Live 5.1
Hercules 5.1 speakers
Opitcal Mouse
Keyboard

yeh that's all I think..thank you

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
Welcome to the forums Trunks. :)

Have you tried running a diagnostic on directx? Open system information & go to tools. What version is it?

T

Trunks

Thanx you Hipster Doofus

Yes I am running DirectX 8.1..did the diagnostic and everything running fine..no problems found..

After my comp reboots due to the error/crash...and when I get into windows again..it gives me the error report..:(

Try disabling AGP Fastwrites and/or AGP sidebanding and/or reducing AGP to 2x or 1x to see if the problem stops also make sure the cpu, memory and video card is not overheating.....from what i have read the blame is generally pointed at the Via drivers but i have seen some posts that blame creative drivers,so you could try removing both soundcard and drivers just for a day of testing.

Had the same problem with the graphics on my GeForce 440, eventually updated my SOUNDCARD drivers and the problem disappeared!!

TOK

T

Trunks

Ok thanx..I'll try that

Well first I had the normal creative sound drivers..it worked perfectly then..but then I updated it and I think that was the cause of my loop..BUT I unistalled all it and then reinstalled/rollback to the first driver..but it still happens =(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies