Please Help Me! =(

T

Trunks

Hey everyone

I'm having this problem and I can't seem to fix it..and I can't play 3D games like warcraft 3..it lags and the graphics become dodgy and goes weird and everything..then it reboots and sometimes I get the BSOD :(

I tried everything..I updated my BIOS for my mobo..updated nVidia driver..updated sound card..installed the VIA 4 in 1..and still doesn't work :(

Can someone please help me :(

Here's what I get..

The driver for the display device was unable to complete a drawing operation. Please
check with the device manufacture for a driver update.

and..

The driver for the display device got stuck in an infinite loop. This
usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device
driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your
display device vendor for any driver updates.

My computer:

AMD 1800+ XP
MSi KT333 Ultra motherboard
256 DDR PC2700 ram
64 MB Geforce 4 MX 440
60 GIG 7200 rpm Seagate HDD
17inch LG Flatron 775FT
Sound Blaster Live 5.1
Hercules 5.1 speakers
Opitcal Mouse
Keyboard

yeh that's all I think..thank you

Welcome to the forums Trunks. :)

Have you tried running a diagnostic on directx? Open system information & go to tools. What version is it?

Thanx you Hipster Doofus

Yes I am running DirectX 8.1..did the diagnostic and everything running fine..no problems found..

After my comp reboots due to the error/crash...and when I get into windows again..it gives me the error report..:(

Try disabling AGP Fastwrites and/or AGP sidebanding and/or reducing AGP to 2x or 1x to see if the problem stops also make sure the cpu, memory and video card is not overheating.....from what i have read the blame is generally pointed at the Via drivers but i have seen some posts that blame creative drivers,so you could try removing both soundcard and drivers just for a day of testing.

Had the same problem with the graphics on my GeForce 440, eventually updated my SOUNDCARD drivers and the problem disappeared!!

TOK

Ok thanx..I'll try that

Well first I had the normal creative sound drivers..it worked perfectly then..but then I updated it and I think that was the cause of my loop..BUT I unistalled all it and then reinstalled/rollback to the first driver..but it still happens =(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back