Please Help ASAP Please

P

peroxide

Hello. Imma try and be fast here. This may be the wrong board, but I need serious help. I am in a big doo doo hole.

Heres the problem. i have no desktop. Literally I have no desktop. Its just a blank blue screen. No icond, taskbar nor nothing. And the only way I got the Internet Explorer was by going to "ATL+CONTROL+DELETE" and bring up the "Windows Task Manager" and them going to "File", "newTaskRun" and search for Internetexplorer exe file. I need help bad.

What can i do to bring my desktop back. BTW, im using Windows XP Pro.

Lukas

Real Name No Gimmicks
is explorer running?
try terminating explorer ad then starting a new task 'explorer.exe'

anyways, more details would come handy.

Greetz,

Lukas

JJB6486

Retired Mod
Political User
Open the task manageer w/ Ctrl+Alt+Del and go to New Task. Try running "explorer.exe"

If that doesnt load it up, Go to new task and run "sfc /scannow" to reload all system files (have XP CD Ready)

If that doesnt work, reinstall XP

JJB

P

peroxide

Originally posted by JJB6486
Open the task manageer w/ Ctrl+Alt+Del and go to New Task. Try running "explorer.exe"
Didn't work

If that doesnt load it up, Go to new task and run "sfc /scannow" to reload all system files (have XP CD Ready)
Im fixing to try it

If that doesnt work, reinstall XP
Yup, I was thinking of doing that. A fresh new start.

BTW, thsi problem started when i download DarkStep. PC worked fine until I restartded.

P

peroxide

Originally posted by Henyman
what is Darkstep?
A shell program.

I have been working around trying to find something. My Desktop folder and all the programs are there, but just a blank desktop. But when I tried to open certian progrmas, I GET a error message stationg that Desktop.lnk not found

Henyman

Secret Goat Fetish
Political User
i reon that that prog did something 2 change ut desktop.ink file(obviosly in order 2 change ur look). i have looked on www.Darkstep.com but couldn't find anything 2 help. i have also seached micro$oft for you but to no avail. darkstep do have a chatroon....but it's empty:(

if ya can save all ur files 2 c.d + try a repair install.

i did search my comp for Desktop.lnk but couldn't find it. i sugest ya keep wid a normall desktop from now on!!

DrMetallica

OSNN Senior Addict
I get that problem sometimes while leaving my computer on for long periods of time.

The fix?

First, try ALT+TAB to another program open.

If that doesn't work, press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and select new task.
In the windows folder of your C: drive open up explorer.exe

If that doesn't work, reboot.

P

peroxide

***I JUST GOT IT BACK TO NORMAL FOR NOW***

First and foremost, I want to thank the Man above.

Secondly, I wanna thank every one in this thread who replied and was here with me in my critical time.

I downloaded a program called "liteSpawn" and it took me straight back to my regular desktop. Im keeping it this way to. boy what a scare

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel