Please Help ASAP Please

P

peroxide

Hello. Imma try and be fast here. This may be the wrong board, but I need serious help. I am in a big doo doo hole.

Heres the problem. i have no desktop. Literally I have no desktop. Its just a blank blue screen. No icond, taskbar nor nothing. And the only way I got the Internet Explorer was by going to "ATL+CONTROL+DELETE" and bring up the "Windows Task Manager" and them going to "File", "newTaskRun" and search for Internetexplorer exe file. I need help bad.

What can i do to bring my desktop back. BTW, im using Windows XP Pro.

I would do a system restore right before this nonsense started, boot up in safe mode, but I always say this

cool.gif

can i give more detail? (when it started,any changes,login screen there,screenshot)

is explorer running?
try terminating explorer ad then starting a new task 'explorer.exe'

anyways, more details would come handy.

Greetz,

Lukas

Open the task manageer w/ Ctrl+Alt+Del and go to New Task. Try running "explorer.exe"

If that doesnt load it up, Go to new task and run "sfc /scannow" to reload all system files (have XP CD Ready)

If that doesnt work, reinstall XP

JJB

Originally posted by JJB6486
Open the task manageer w/ Ctrl+Alt+Del and go to New Task. Try running "explorer.exe"

Didn't work

If that doesnt load it up, Go to new task and run "sfc /scannow" to reload all system files (have XP CD Ready)
Im fixing to try it

If that doesnt work, reinstall XP

Yup, I was thinking of doing that. A fresh new start.

BTW, thsi problem started when i download DarkStep. PC worked fine until I restartded.

Originally posted by Henyman
what is Darkstep?

A shell program.

I have been working around trying to find something. My Desktop folder and all the programs are there, but just a blank desktop. But when I tried to open certian progrmas, I GET a error message stationg that Desktop.lnk not found

i reon that that prog did something 2 change ut desktop.ink file(obviosly in order 2 change ur look). i have looked on www.Darkstep.com but couldn't find anything 2 help. i have also seached micro$oft for you but to no avail. darkstep do have a chatroon....but it's empty:(

if ya can save all ur files 2 c.d + try a repair install.

i did search my comp for Desktop.lnk but couldn't find it. i sugest ya keep wid a normall desktop from now on!!

I get that problem sometimes while leaving my computer on for long periods of time.

The fix?

First, try ALT+TAB to another program open.

If that doesn't work, press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and select new task.
In the windows folder of your C: drive open up explorer.exe

If that doesn't work, reboot.

***I JUST GOT IT BACK TO NORMAL FOR NOW***

First and foremost, I want to thank the Man above.

Secondly, I wanna thank every one in this thread who replied and was here with me in my critical time.

I downloaded a program called "liteSpawn" and it took me straight back to my regular desktop. Im keeping it this way to. boy what a scare

lol u don't like that "ohh s**t i buggered it again" feeling?

i no what ya mean bout a relief though:p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back