PlayStation 2 problem

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Well, i'm not exactly sure if this is a good site to put this, but it's only site i really know of with people i can trust. anyway, a friend of mine is having a problem with his PS2. I was over there today, and we tried playing GTA: Vice City (and no, it is a legit version). Started playing it, and about 5 minutes later, the game freezes. tried again, the game froze in less than 5 minutes. Does anyone here happen to know why it does this? Is it normal or is there a way to fix it?

try cleaning the laser with on of those cleaning kits. make sure it isnt in a crap place where it gets no air flow.

so far it sounds like a heat issue. the rear exhaust fan has a filter on it... actually, it might an intake fan since it has a filter... i can't remember, my ps2 isn't here. anyway, try to blow any dust off that filter.

GTA VIce City did this on my bro's PS2. It seems to me that it is very sensitive to any tiny marks on CD!

well, his CD looks like it's perfect. And it only freezes when playing GTA: Vice City. we played MX Superfly without a problem for a pretty long time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back