Playing movies burned from PC to play on PS2

Ok, I was just curious.. I wanted to know if I can burn some of my movies on a CD and play them on a PS2?? Cause I have a movie my friend would like.. but he only has a PS2..lol ;) ( PC's rock! )

Anyways..PS2 can read DVD's so.. maybe I though it might be able to read like .mpeg's or something.. no??

thx

J

Jahya

In theory, yes you can. I don't have a PS2, but I did burn a vcd for someone I work with, and they never mentioned that it didn't work. Check the manual to make sure you don't need a specific type or brand of cd. I doubt it for a PS2, but some DVD players will only play CD-R and/or cetain brands.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
no.

No.
First up the PS2 will not read CD-r's
Secondly it has no decoder for reading mpegs or any other video file type.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Its simply an anti-piracy method.
The PS2 is designed to play games, yet Sony took the obvious choice of including an MPEG-II decoder to allow the unit to play DVD movies aswell as the DVD game discs.

If you want to play movies in a PC based format, then you're best off playing them on a PC.

M

mokuni

Originally posted by FoSsiL
can the u.s. ps2 play multi region dvd movies pal, jap, etc.
not without the mod chip. Like Speedy says, its more of a anti-piracy method. I still remember when the FFX came out months before it come out here in australia. Modchips were recently banned in Australia in july, but before that no problem. wierd i say. :eek:

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
The UK PS2 will play DVD-R discs with a DVD movie on them even without the MOD chip. It will not how ever play PS2 games on DVD-R or any movies on CDR(as these will be VCD and no encoders have been installed for this) with out the MOD chip. I don't know about the US version but i would presume the same applies.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut