Playing movies burned from PC to play on PS2

HellyHans

OSNN Addict
Ok, I was just curious.. I wanted to know if I can burn some of my movies on a CD and play them on a PS2?? Cause I have a movie my friend would like.. but he only has a PS2..lol ;) ( PC's rock! )

Anyways..PS2 can read DVD's so.. maybe I though it might be able to read like .mpeg's or something.. no??

thx

In theory, yes you can. I don't have a PS2, but I did burn a vcd for someone I work with, and they never mentioned that it didn't work. Check the manual to make sure you don't need a specific type or brand of cd. I doubt it for a PS2, but some DVD players will only play CD-R and/or cetain brands.

no.

No.
First up the PS2 will not read CD-r's
Secondly it has no decoder for reading mpegs or any other video file type.

So it can only read "original" DVD's, but not burned ones right??

that sucks ass! lol

Its simply an anti-piracy method.
The PS2 is designed to play games, yet Sony took the obvious choice of including an MPEG-II decoder to allow the unit to play DVD movies aswell as the DVD game discs.

If you want to play movies in a PC based format, then you're best off playing them on a PC.

can the u.s. ps2 play multi region dvd movies pal, jap, etc.

Originally posted by FoSsiL
can the u.s. ps2 play multi region dvd movies pal, jap, etc.

not without the mod chip. Like Speedy says, its more of a anti-piracy method. I still remember when the FFX came out months before it come out here in australia. Modchips were recently banned in Australia in july, but before that no problem. wierd i say. :eek:

The UK PS2 will play DVD-R discs with a DVD movie on them even without the MOD chip. It will not how ever play PS2 games on DVD-R or any movies on CDR(as these will be VCD and no encoders have been installed for this) with out the MOD chip. I don't know about the US version but i would presume the same applies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back