perfect disk broken?

lynchknot

OSNN Senior Addict
Hello. Perfect disk autoupdated this morning and I ran it. I got this result. Does anyone know what is wrong with it? Thanks.

lynchknot-perfect.JPG

As far as I know, there wasn't a perfectdisk update this morning...
Not sure about your problem tho.

I just installed it last night so there was an update for me. All HD and partitions are showing all black - but the results look ok - it suggests a boot scan and smart placement. Windows xp defrag looks normal.

Mine always suggest smart placement. Even after I do one ..

Johnny said:
Mine always suggest smart placement. Even after I do one ..

My concern is the all black (nothing else) "excluded" - In case you did not notice.

well i use the 6.0 build 31 for months now and there is was also no update for me, very strange, oh and i have no problems at all with perfect disk.

lynchknot said:
My concern is the all black (nothing else) "excluded" - In case you did not notice.
Yes I knoticed ,, I was stating something else that can do .. So sorry to interupt you and your higher ranking thoughts of progress. Next time I want to post in a topic you started I will make a request to you via pm before hand. I would not want to make you feel like you were a "little" guy now ..

lol - I did not intend to insult you mr. sensitive - nor was I being sarcastic. However, you just made yourself the little guy here.

I just sent a letter to greg hayes, hopefully he'll stop by to help

cheese n bread Johnny boy who took the jam out of your doughnut?

PerfectDisk ~ All Files Excluded

Greetings Lynchknot,

More than likely, you are seeing an issue with a driver that you have on your system.

Check your system for this driver: hwfprot.sys

If this is present, it will prevent PerfectDisk from getting access to the files on the volume.

You can view our knowledgebase article on this issue here:

http://www.raxco.com/support/windows/kb_details.cfm?kbid=393

If you do not have the hwfprot.sys driver, you'll nee to check for these drivers: AlfaFM.sys, AFPAnsi.sys, AFPUNI.sys, BxShield.sys. These drivers are distributed by a company called Alpha Corp and are bundled with other software packages and thus, you may not have installed an Alpha Corp product, yet still have their drivers.

You can view our knowledgebase artcile on this issue here:

http://www.raxco.com/support/windows/kb_details.cfm?kbid=392

If you have futher issues, I would suggest that you contact Technical Support directly.

Jason Claiborne
Senior Systems Engineer
Raxco Software

lynchknot said:
lol - I did not intend to insult you mr. sensitive - nor was I being sarcastic. However, you just made yourself the little guy here.
I guess I did did'nt I, That time of the month I guess .. Anyhow - sorry for the ranting ..

mr. claibborne, it's a pleasure you stopped by to help

if you do a search, you'll see for the most part, perfect disk is the most endorsed defrag application on this site.

Iwelcome to this board, and I hope you have the chance to stop by often.

Is Greg Hayes still with Raxco?

if so, tell him everone over here, (formally ntfs.org and xp-erience .org) says hello

NP Johnny.

I ran a search for those drivers and turned up nothing. I wonder if this a result of upgrading to larger drive and moving the contents of drive C over to it with the app Drive Image.

copy.JPG

hello jason? I do have Folder shield. It's not by Alpha corp. - it hides some files on another drive though.

Ok, I found Bx shield - not by running search but by running windows defrag and viewing the report that said it could not defragment that file. So I should delete that file? It's in windows\sys32\drivers

*edit - that's funny. I go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\bxshield - and it's not there.

*edit - deleted folder shield - working now. - I guess I cannot hide...er.. "sensitive" files.

lynchknot said:
*edit - that's funny. I go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\bxshield - and it's not there.
You have windows set to show hidden system files right? If you do I don't know. :p

-edit- ok n/m me then as i posted as you found an answer hehe

if you do a search, you'll see for the most part, perfect disk is the most endorsed defrag application on this site.

yep. absolutely right on that one. Perfect Disk is quite the good Defrag app.

Mr. Claiborne, i don't mean to sound greedy or anything... but is there any chance you may possibly be able to give your loyal supporters at OSNN.net a license for Perfect Disk? if not, it's ok. still good to have someone around to help out in case there is a problem that needs a quick solution.

P.S. if you do plan to stick around here a bit..... Welcome to OSNN.net

Xie said:
You have windows set to show hidden system files right? If you do I don't know. :p
- hehe, If I didn't "show hidden folders" how could I get this far? "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers" -
:)

perris said:
mr. claibborne, it's a pleasure you stopped by to help

Iwelcome to this board, and I hope you have the chance to stop by often.

Is Greg Hayes still with Raxco?

if so, tell him everone over here, (formally ntfs.org and xp-erience .org) says hello

Hi Perris,

Thanks for the post.

You can call me Jason, i don't stand on formality very often :)

Greg is still with us.. busy as ever!

I'm happy to have been able to be of assistance.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back